rss
email
facebook

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

my eighth grade zombie epic.

So back in 1995, my parents bought their budding artist son a blank hardcover sketch book. I didn't know (and still really don't) whether or not you're supposed to just sketch in a sketch book that nice, so I felt guilty just doodling. I wasn't really an artist-artist, seeing as how most of my sketches involved stick figures being murdered in one horrible fashion or another, or cartoon people missing limbs with anime-proportioned geysers of blood shooting out of their mangled stumps (all of this before I saw Ninja Scroll, even. I was ahead of my time). So I thought, "what can I do with this beautiful book so as not to waste it on my stupid doodles?"

Thus, the Zombie Comic was wrought on this world, and here it is, uploaded for your viewing pleasure.

A little forewarning: the following comic is extremely violent, a little stupid, and if there was a plot to speak of, it'd be full of holes.

Also, it's about 21 pages long, so if you don't wanna wait for all those images to load, then don't bother. Although you'll kick yourself for missing out on the triple-threat of zombies, dinosaurs, and Satan!... and Santa Claus!

Prepare yourself, epic zombie violence lies after the break.


 click on any picture to enlarge it.

3 comments:

Aubrey Smith said...

Nick, the other day I mentioned to Danielle how I've never understood where you get stuff like "press onward, young scribe". One of the most hilarious things about your writing is your perfect ear for comically archaic language. I don't understand how someone who supposedly hardly ever reads nevertheless writes like he's been steeped in Homer, Dante, Shakespeare. Now I see that it was no different when you were in eigth grade. From the first panel you have people summoning the "Evil One" to "come forth" like you just got done reading your favorite passages from Thomas Aquinas and Augustine of Hippo.

X said...

It's because he read comic books. Stan Lee is the only human being alive that still uses the word "excelsior!" 'Nuff said. By the way nick I remember this from wayyyy back. good memories.

nippleless said...

I honestly didn't even read that many comics, but I hung around kids who did. That could be where I got my vocabulary from?

But thanks to that little "excelsior!" crack, I'm going to call fans of my blog "true believers".

Post a Comment